f

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The Wednesday Showcase With Free Printables!!!

You asked for it, so you got it! :), a brand new Wednesday Showcase post on the first Wednesday of this brand new year. 

As with just about anything on the internet, how we get from one thing to another can end up being a mystery. Somehow I recently stumbled upon a new to me blog, Sew DIY. Beth writes the blog and she is dedicated to sharing inspiration, as well as sewing tips and tutorials to help you live your own DIY life.

Typically, the blogs that are showcased here are written by those who are following my blog. In this case, I made an exception as I really wanted to share this wonderful free printable that Beth has on her blog. Someone this generous needs to be showcased!!!


Beth has put together a 12 month calendar, a separate page for each month to help you organize your thoughts and projects for each month of 2017. You can find the post HERE along with a link to the free file. I'm planning to get some really nice card stock type paper, punch holes and keep the pages in a special notebook. 

Beth has a lovely easy style about her. Below is a linen jacket she made using the By Hand London Victoria Blazer pattern and she coupled it with the super cute McCall's knit jumpsuit pattern.


Check out THIS post for some tips on matching stripes. Such a cute top!


Beth continues that fun easy style with her patterns. You can find her pattern shop HERE. I really love that little baseball skirt!!!



Up next is Nikki of Pin, Cut, Sew. She's a mom to 3 adorable children and she has found that she has a passion for teaching.

For Christmas she somehow managed to ink out enough time to make this adorable little dress using Butterick 5706. Her mom had given her the black lace and a friend gave her the fabric that she used for the lining. What a lovely and special garment.


You can find Nikki on Pattern Review. She participated in last year's Sewing Bee competition and made the cute shorts you see below.


She also enjoys stretching a pattern. Below is a raglan sleeved Jalie top pattern that she turned into a dress. Since she lives in Hawaii, easy, cool clothes are a must. I love how the 2 fabrics work together.


As I said, Nikki has found that she has a passion for teaching. Below are a few of her students with their beyond cute piggy neck pillows. Nikki used THIS free travel pillow pattern for the base, and then created THIS free template for the pig face and ears.


Another great project for kids are the emoji pillows. You can find the 2 templates that Nikki put together HERE. There are so many options and I think kids of any age would have fun with these.


I hope you enjoyed the post! Be sure to pop over and check out both Sew DIY and Pin Cut, Sew. I know you'll find lots of inspiration. 

Happy Sewing!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

13 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog via Bunny's La Sewista blog. You have excellent posts, fun, inspirational, interesting and educational. Excellent! Thank you for pointing out Nikki's blog. I will be following her as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love Rhonda's blog, Tomasa.She's inspirational!

      Delete
  2. Thank you, and welcome 😊
    I think you will truly enjoy Nikki's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! And for the generosity! That calendar is going to come in handy this year. "Resolution" (as in "being resolved to") is my word for 2017, applied to all areas of my life. Today I finished a bag that is a compilation of: a Yoko Saito purse shape, artwork and quilting suggestions by my cousin Pam (an artist and caterer, who the purse is for), and other design details by yours truly. Great Scott! I sure learned a lot. (If I knew how to attach a picture, I'd send one.) I followed some of Yoko Saito's ideas (like covering the inside raw edges with homemade bias; the purse looks almost as good inside-out as outside-in, but you definitely have to like hand-sewing). Pam had sketched three Queen Anne's lace globes on freezer paper for me to embroider when she visited this past fall (so I knew how she wanted them placed on the purse front). And here's the truth: After doing all the embroidery and the quilting on the front of the purse, I decided I didn't like it and DID IT OVER (as you might imagine, lots of colonial and French knots)! I'm glad I did, but it did put the finish date back a bit (took me a year to finally get it done). YEEHAW! Now to get it packaged and sent....But, so glad to have completed some of my sewing projects over the past few weeks. Happy sewing and designing in 2017, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That calendar looks very handy. Thank you for sharing the link. What very talented ladies. I love the garments they have created and they both have great style. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Rhonda, another interesting showcase with loads of style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing Rhonda!!! The calendar is a MUST ... FIESTA :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rhonda, it's wonderful you decided to keep up the showcase Wednesdays as I always hear about a new, interesting blog. That said, I already follow Beth and have the calendar printed out...though not filled out! I'm glad you found her too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great showcase. Thanks for your effort, Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed this post and finding even more sewists to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, I didn't realize I'd been featured on your lovely blog until just now, thank you so much!! I look forward to following for more of your news and makes :)

    Nikki Schreiner
    www.pincutsewstudio.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous post! Some new sewing blogs to follow. Lots of inspiration here!

    ReplyDelete