f

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Monday Morning Inspiration on Tuesday/Carolina Herrera

I just couldn't skip another week without a Monday Morning Inspiration post. Although it's no longer Monday, inspiration is good on any day of the week :)

The Spring/Summer 2017 ready to wear collection from Carolina Herrera is, at least in my opinion, spectacular. There's just so much that I love about it. She has taken very basic fabrics like denim and gingham and made them over the top gorgeous. I've left the pictures their original size as I wanted you to really be able to see the details.

Love the draping and the top-stitching on this denim gown.    



I'm in love with this blouse.


Love the tied sleeves.


Beautiful use of stripes.


Another great use of stripes. This looks like a striped denim.


This isn't your grandmother's gingham!



Another fabulous sleeve.


I even love what Ms. Herrera is wearing. Take a close look at the pockets. Simply sensational. Oh, and the belt!!!


There's so much more to this collection. I just pulled out a few of my favorite pieces. I've added the video below so you can see the clothes move and enjoy the rest of the collection. It's just a little over 11 minutes long. Well worth the time :)



Hope you enjoyed the pieces as much as I did!
Rhonda




Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

17 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Spectacular indeed! Now that's inspiration...and the shoes! Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That knot top is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel vindicated. I have some lightweight denim and planned to use white top-stitching. My daughter was unimpressed. I love Caroline's skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful, the most inspiring designs I have seen for a long time - and those flat shoes! But just how long is going to take for the fashion industry to realise that under-nourished, stick insect thin figures are dreadful role models for young women?
    Come on Ms Herrera and other female designers

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all so stunning in these rather down to earth fabrics. Ms. Herrera's outfit is TDF and one any woman could wear at any stage of life in almost any situation, shopping, tooling around, dressed for work, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breathtaking - thanks for sharing. Where do you know to 'go' online to see shows like this? I'd LOVE to know. Might you be willing to share?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure!, I go to YouTube and use their search engine to look for the video.

      Delete
  7. That is an absolutely stunning collection! I love the statement sleeves, so perfect with her choice of fabrics. and of course, I love all of the blue :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bodice and sleeve shapes as well as the neckline of the white two piece and also the bodce and sleeve in the last photo before Carolina Herrera, I would love to know how they are constructed. In fact I really liked everything pictured, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved it! For some reason, those draped voluminous sleeves make me want to pull out a Ralph Rucci pattern and sew :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inspiration that propels us forward is always a good thing :) Happy Sewing!

      Delete
  10. I loved it. And for some reason, those voluminous draped sleeves made me want to pull out a Ralph Rucci pattern and sew :)

    ReplyDelete